Dognition is not about ranking a dog’s IQ — it’s about discovering which skills an individual dog relies on to navigate their world. Our Dognition Assessment is designed to reveal a dog's cognitive dimensions. Learning which cognitive dimensions are your dog’s strongest and which are areas for improvement can help shed light on where your dog is coming from — and the new places your relationship can go.
Canine Cognitive Dimensions:
- Empathy = A dog's ability to connect with and pay attention to their owner
- Communication = A dog's ability to read human gestures and signal their own intentions
- Cunning = A dog's ability to monitor their owner’s attention for their own benefit
- Memory = A dog's ability to recall information or situations
- Reasoning = A dog's ability to infer the solution to a problem